Sat, Sep 02|
Bass Fishing Derby
Join us for a fun evening bass fishing derby! Fish via your own kayak, rent one or fish from shore. Prizes for top 3!
Time & Location
Sep 02, 4:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Lincoln, Holmes Lake, Lincoln, NE 68506, USA
About the event
Saturday September 2nd --Bass Fishing Derby
*Hosted by Lincoln Paddle Company and Braska Baits
Where: Holmes Lake in Lincoln, NE
When: Sat. September 2nd
- 4:30pm: Check-in (Booth with check in, Braska Baits and Lincoln Paddle Gear and baits table).
- 5:00pm-7:00pm: Fishing Derby hours (Launch from south shore).
- 7:00pm-7:15pm: Check in (top 5 fish submitted via photo evidence -measured on measuring board).
- 7:15pm-7:45pm: Awards and pack up! *Food available/included!
- Individual (Top 3 individuals awarded prize). *If under 16 years of age -waiver to be signed by parent, and adult supervision needed.
Join us for our 1st ever kayak and shore bass derby at Holmes Lake! Bring your own kayak or rent one from Lincoln Paddle Co. Or if you'd rather-fish from shore! We have a ticket option for everyone. Also fun prizes and food!!
Each entry includes 2 raffle tickets to win Braska Baits, Lincoln Paddle Merch and Free Rentals, Scheels Gift Cards and more!
- Bring Your Own Kayak or Shore Fish Ticket: $20
- Rent Kayak & Fish Ticket: $40
- Submit your top 3 bass catches in inches -picture submission at end of the derby. Each participant will be given a ruler.
**Fish will be measured and photographed on an acceptable board and then immediately released at kayak. Points will be awarded for the day on total inches of 3 fish. There is no minimum length. Tie breaker will be the longest of the 3 fish turned in.*Rules are subject to change.
We will have cash prizes for the top 3 individuals. They will also receive a Lincoln Paddle T-shirt, Braska Bait pack. At the event's conclusion we will also draw 3 raffle ticket winners for Braska Bait gear, Lincoln Paddle gear, gift cards and Scheels gift card.
Individual Cash Prizes:
- 1st place: $50
- 2nd place: $30
- 3rd place: $20
*Will increase if over 20 participants.
Our hope is to host a fun fishing derby and host an event for those who not only love to fish but kayak fish! We will have a table with Braska Baits worms and bugs to buy and try-before-buy! Also more info on Lincoln Paddle Company and our rentals and lake options. We will also have food to be named, pop/water included!
More info on Braska Baits: https://braskabaits.com/
More info on Lincoln Paddle Company: https://www.lincolnpaddlecompany.com/
***Please note you must hold a Nebraska Fishing license to fish at Holmes Lake. There is no entry fee to enter/use the park however. All participants on kayaks must wear PFD's. We will have those available.
*Rules subject to change.
In case of weather cancellation --event will have a rain date and we will rebook you. If that does not work we will refund. No refunds otherwise.